I visited New Delhi recently and how can a New Delhi visit be complete if you don’t visit the Taj Mahal ! The epitome of love as it is called, the Taj Mahal is one of the wonders of the world. I travelled by road from New Delhi early in the morning via the Yamuna expressway. We took approximately 3 hours to reach with short breaks for breakfast. The expressway was lovely so a big thumbs up to that.
Some tips for the visitors:
1. Reach on time. There is just too much crowd so make sure you leave early in the morning to avoid long queues.
2. Preferably travel during the weekdays for the same reason.
3. The entrance is far away from the parking space and you can go via a golf car, horse cart or camel cart at INR 50-100 for around 4 pax.
4. There is a separate queue for foreigners and women so make sure you take advantage of that.
5. The weather is really hot so make sure you carry sunscreen, shades and dress up in light clothes.
Ticket prices are approx. INR 20 for a domestic travellers and INR 750 for foreigners.