During my recent trip to Sephora, I got a few Sephora face primer sachets as a complimentary gift. I have always used my moisturizer as a base before I apply makeup and while the moisturizer works perfectly during the winter, I switch to an oil free moisturizer during summers to avoid the excessive oil. A lot of women tend to skip the primer routine before applying makeup.
But using a face primer makes the makeup look smoother, even and softens the skin. What’s more, it makes your makeup last longer. So a primer is a must.
When I got my hands on the Sephora primer, I was extremely excited to try it because I have always adored Sephora products. I had read reviews about the product online and found it to be largely positive so I was hoping it would work wonders on my skin.
About Sephora smoothing primer
The primer comes in a small transparent airless pump bottle on which are mentioned two words: smooth and mattify. The product has a thick transparent gel-like texture. The moment you squeeze it from the bottle, you feel it sinking into your skin. The product claims to be infused with hydrating ceramides, which moisturizes and smoothens, while protecting the skin with antioxidant-rich vitamins E and A. It can be used on the face and eyes.
How to use
Approx INR 1,000
- Extremely light weight and easily sinks into your skin
- Skin feels extremely silky and smooth
- Delivers on the promise of smooth and matte finish
- Works perfectly on oily skin without leaving the skin greasy
- Covers up pores instantly
- Dermatologist-tested and non-comedogenic
- Stays on the entire day without the need to re-touch
- Formulated without parabens
- Not suitable for dry skin
- The product is definitely expensive and the quantity is below average for the price.
- It comes only in small size but on the positive side, it easily fits in makeup and travel pouches.
- Not available everywhere / easily in India (available online though).
Rating & Conclusion: 3.8/5. Must try for those who can afford the product. Recommended for women with oily skin and for those who love that matte finish look.