A simple thought in my head one morning lead me on a search to finding the perfect face powder. Are you wondering what that thought was ? Well, I am sure you have had the same thought at some point in your life. Can I get a face powder that gives me enough coverage and at the same time enriches my skin, without irritating it ?
L’oreal products have always kept my skin happy so the L’oreal True Match Mineral Powder was one of the top choices.
About L’oreal True Match Mineral Powder
A boon for all women with oily skin, healing minerals is what you need to improve the texture of your skin and decrease the oil on your face. The mineral powder is made up of minerals such as iron oxides, talc, zinc oxide and titanium dioxide which are then ground and milled or broken into very tiny particles to create the make-up.
The texture of the product is very soft, light and in loose powdery form. The coverage is medium to full coverage. The product also has Titanium Dioxide which protects your skin from the sun, so you can eliminate using the sunscreen lotion.
The powder comes in a beautiful bottle and a very convenient one too. A brush on top and powder down.
How to use
There are three sections, the powder at the bottom, the brush on the top with the cap and a middle section which is an empty section with holes at the bottom. The powder can also be used to set the applying foundation and concealer to set it.
Step 1 – Invert the bottle, so that the powder falls from the bottom section into the middle section. Invert it back to normal position. Remove the cap and the brush. Use the brush to dip in the powder.
Step 2 – Shake the brush so that the excess powder falls off.
Step 3 – Start in the center of your face and work your way out toward hairline. Repeat until you achieve the desired coverage.
Approx. INR 1,300. Available online and at retail stores.
- The product comes with SPF 15.
- Contains essential minerals with minimal chemicals.
- Formulated without parabens.
- No need to carry a brush separately.
- No perfumes or preservatives.
- Perfect for oily and sensitive skin. Mild on the skin and has not caused me to break-out.
- Natural “no makeup” finish.
- Limited selection of shades. Not many shades with yellow undertones.
- Very pricey but on the positive side it lasts for 4-5 months if used daily.
- Staying power is not too strong and requires a touch-up mid day.
- Not too suitable for dry skin.
Rating & Conclusion: 4.6 / 5.
I am totally in love in this product. I have used a lot of powders but have always found this to be the best one simply because it does not break me out and leaves my skin smooth, soft and natural.