Everytime I find couple of hair strands on the brush, I get super scared ! The fall is even more when I wash my hair ! After panicking a couple of times, I decided to research. How much hair loss is normal ? So here is the analysis.
If you loose 50 to 100 strands a day its normal ! So relax..
If you are still worried do this little test. Take around 100 strands of hair and run your fingers through these 100 strands. If you loose 5 to 10 strands its normal. If it’s above 15 strands, you might just have a problem and you need to find reasons for this.
Every strand of your goes through a cycle: growth phase, transitional phase and shedding phase. So dont’ worry, the strands have to shed at some point.
You can avoid the loss of strands by following the below DOs and DONT’s
- Oil your hair regularly. Preferably leave it overnight and wash it the next day
- Keep your scalp clean. Wash your hair atleast 2 to 3 times a week depending on how oily your scalp is.
- Wash your hair with plain water after a gym workout or exercise. Do not leave sweat on the scalp.
- Eat healthy and wholesome meals. Have protein and iron rich food for healthy hair.
- Use sun protection serum after hair wash.
- Trim once every 8 weeks to do away with split ends.
- Brush your hair 2 – 3 times a day, especially before sleeping, to avoid knots.
- Sleep for atleast 8 hours a day.
- Don’t tie your hair back tight.
- Don’t try and comb your hair when they are wet. This can lead to breakage.
- Avoid straightening and colouring your hair. Follow natural hair smoothing treatments and spas.
- Avoid stressful situations. Stress is one of the main causes of hair loss.
- Back combing is one of the worst things to do to your hair. Avoid it !
Love and care can do a lot to your hair. So go ahead pamper them.
Have some more recommendations? Write to me.