I’ve always had new resolutions which include exercising, eating right and having the perfect body (yes ! like every other year !). But, as usual, I’ve struggled to stick onto them. This year, however, is different; I have the same resolutions, BUT, a different strategy to deal with it. It’s called the cheat sheet. I get to enjoy all the good things in life AND still stick to the resolution too (Yay!).
I’m sure many of you can relate to me, so here are Health tips for the New Year:
- Join a gym that has good looking men / women. Believe me it will really motivate you to go there every day !
- Park the car far away from the destination while going to movies, restaurants etc. That little small walk and loads of such small walks actually help.
- Give the car some rest, save money and walk, if whereever you are going is not too far away. Use the saved money over time to treat yourself to a spa.
- Ok this one involves money but, if you love shopping, go shopping more often (or, save money, go window shopping). Women get supernatural powers to walk for hours when it comes to shopping. Men, be nice, and accompany your woman.
- Take a walk post lunch at work. It’s a good way of taking a break from work as well.
- Take the stairs whenever possible. Compete with the lift. Reach faster and shed the kilos same time.
- You don’t need to stop socializing or going to the restaurant. Just order salads instead of pastas and pizzas. Contrary to what you think, salads are actually yummy. Try it !
- Buy costly pants or the prettiest looking expensive dress around, but just a size smaller. Work out hard to fit into it.
- Keep small achievable targets on the weighing machine so that you don’t get demotivated.
- Fill your stomach with enough salad so that you don’t feel hungry later on. But NEVER over eat. Eat just the right quantity.
- Give up sweets completely ! If you have a sweet tooth, have a glass full of juice. It’s healthy and at the same time will ‘kind of’ satisfy your sweet tooth.
- Lastly treat yourself to a small gift when you get around doing the above. At the end of the day, you are happy and fit as well !
I have already begun doing all of the above. Give it a shot. You have nothing to lose, except, a few pounds 🙂